Do you want to find the nearest place to get locally grown and healthy foods? There’s an app for that.
It’s called the Maricopa Healthy app.
“We have almost 50 different farmer’s markets and over 400 parks listed in the app right now, and we have more coming all of the time,” said Sonia Charry, a communications specialist in the Maricopa County Department of Public Health.
She said that the app will also show you how to cook those foods.
“Recipes on the app all have photos so that you can see what kind of meal you’re preparing,” Charry explained. “It has step-by-step instructions, ingredient lists and nutrition information. If you’re looking for a meal that’s high in protein or high in certain things, you can see what those recipes have.”
The app can also guide you to your favorite activities at nearby parks.
“You can actually search by what you want to do,” Charry said. “If it’s archery, or a fitness course, or a walking path, you can find all of the parks in the area, that are listed, that have those features.”
Charry said the app is easy to download, and is available at Google Play or Apple app stores.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- D-backs’ Chase Field ranks in Top 5 in MLB stadium food safety rankings
- Maricopa County animal shelters get huge food donation
- Mesa’s United Food Bank lost three weeks of food, needs donations