Not only does spring break bring fun in the sun, adventures with your friends and time off from school, but also an increased amount of car accidents.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Arizona Motor Vehicle Crash Facts Report, March was the deadliest month from 2012-2014 on Arizona roads with a total of 213 fatal crashes. The 2015 report has not yet been finalized.
Arizona State is currently on spring break from March 6-13, while the University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University will be on break next week. Grand Canyon University wraps up spring break season from March 21-27.
ADOT has become somewhat famous with the messages it displays on the overhead boards on highways, starting with the Star Wars-themed messages back in December.
From Friday afternoons through Sunday evenings, the overhead boards for spring break will read:
SLOW YOUR ROLL
DOES MOM APPROVE
OF YOUR DRIVING?
Spring break is all fun and games until someone gets hurt, or worse, upsets Mom.
- Mobile-friendly map directs bicycle riders across Arizona
- Westbound US 60 closing for weekend from Loop 101 to I-10
- K-9 units enlisted to sniff out drug smugglers and human traffickers
- Knife-wielding man trying to elude police plunges off Phoenix freeway
- Blowing dust limits visibility again in southern Phoenix area, Pinal County