SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — A teenager got stuck in a chimney Tuesday and was rescued by Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix Fire Department crews.
It was took about an hour to extricate the 13-year-old, Scottsdale Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Schibi said.
The boy was locked out of his house and tried to get back in by lowering himself down the smokestack.
“… it’s going to be an interesting story to tell your friends,” the 911 operator told him.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior
- Former Tent City site to treat 500-plus inmates for opioid addiction