A Valley group is working to help women get back on their feet after they spend time behind bars.
Hope’s Crossing helps women find their new path to personal and economic security through holistic solutions. The group aims to empower former convicts with the skills, tools and techniques to reunite with their children and strengthen their family.
The group has an ambitious goal: Reduce recidivism among the female prison population by 40 percent over the next three years.
The group serves about 75 women per year.
Hope’s Crossing accepts donations online.
- Judge warns Arizona prison staff of possible ‘retaliation’ against inmates
- Arizona man with 700-year prison sentence gets death penalty
- Arizona prison authorities investigate inmate death as homicide
- Nevada could transfer 200 inmates to prison in Arizona
- Police catch inmate who walked away from work crew in Phoenix