PHOENIX — Even though it only comes around once every four years, a Phoenix-area couple has an excellent reason to celebrate Feb. 29: that’s the day they welcomed their baby girl to the world.
Tiffany Gonzalez and Angel Castillo, both from Mesa, Arizona, welcomed their baby girl Kimberly to the world at 3:35 a.m. on Leap Day.
Kimberly, at 7.3 pounds and 20-inches-long, was delivered at Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa.
She is the only Phoenix-area baby on the record who was born on Monday.
The baby girl is not alone celebrating the rare birthday: Well-known figures such as actor Dennis Farina, serial killer Richard Ramirez and rapper Ja Rule were all born on Feb. 29.
- Proposed Arizona bill would abolish Board of Regents
- Arizona lawmakers looking to permanently extend Proposition 301
- Former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer: I don’t believe teachers ought to strike
- Eight people, including children, involved in rollover crash in Phoenix
- Phoenix police looking for person suspected of fatally shooting dog