PHOENIX — Even though it only comes around once every four years, a Phoenix-area couple has an excellent reason to celebrate Feb. 29: that’s the day they welcomed their baby girl to the world.
Tiffany Gonzalez and Angel Castillo, both from Mesa, Arizona, welcomed their baby girl Kimberly to the world at 3:35 a.m. on Leap Day.
Kimberly, at 7.3 pounds and 20-inches-long, was delivered at Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa.
She is the only Phoenix-area baby on the record who was born on Monday.
The baby girl is not alone celebrating the rare birthday: Well-known figures such as actor Dennis Farina, serial killer Richard Ramirez and rapper Ja Rule were all born on Feb. 29.
- Arizona schools chief says K-12 education in state is ‘improving’
- Senior facility near ASU’s Tempe campus to break ground next month
- Local windows company finds new headquarters near Sky Harbor
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Border Patrol arrests humanitarian group volunteer in southern Arizona