PHOENIX — Even though it only comes around once every four years, a Phoenix-area couple has an excellent reason to celebrate Feb. 29: that’s the day they welcomed their baby girl to the world.
Tiffany Gonzalez and Angel Castillo, both from Mesa, Arizona, welcomed their baby girl Kimberly to the world at 3:35 a.m. on Leap Day.
Kimberly, at 7.3 pounds and 20-inches-long, was delivered at Mountain Vista Medical Center in Mesa.
She is the only Phoenix-area baby on the record who was born on Monday.
The baby girl is not alone celebrating the rare birthday: Well-known figures such as actor Dennis Farina, serial killer Richard Ramirez and rapper Ja Rule were all born on Feb. 29.
- Poll shows Arizona split on support for President Trump
- Arizona DPS head talks challenges in recruiting young, diverse applicants
- Judge halts newest Trump travel ban, saying it has same woes
- Child killed, six others injured in rollover accident on I-10
- FBI warning Arizonans of ‘virtual kidnapping’ phone scam