A couple of weeks ago, I sent out a public service announcement of sorts to the entire country.
I said it was time that we all start preparing ourselves for the very real potential of a Trump vs. Sanders general election for the 2016 race to presidency.
I was taken to task with comments and emails claiming that there wasn’t a chance that Donald Trump would actually win the Republican nomination.
Well, kids, we have taken yet ANOTHER step closer to a Trump nomination today as Mr. Jersey himself, Gov. Chris Christie, has thrown his support behind the New York billionaire.
Yes, former candidates are now jumping on the Trump train.
Should we blame them? No, we most certainly should not blame them.
What are their options? Back a Cruz campaign that continues to make headlines with deceptive campaign maneuvers, or a Rubio campaign that represents what America seems to be fed up with: another career politician?
Don’t even bother with the others (ahem, Carson and Kasich) who are polling in single digits.
You see, Christie is betting on the strongest horse in the race. As far as I can see, it’s becoming a safer bet by the day.
Mark my words: the safety of this bet will become more enticing to those that wish to retain power after the upcoming Super Tuesday.
- Trump mentions McCain, remains confident Obamacare will be repealed
- New Zealand couple offered free trip to Norway in new marketing campaign
- Prosecutors chime in on ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s pardon
- Trump targets North Korea in new executive order
- ASU president Michael Crow issues response to Board of Regents lawsuit