PHOENIX — Forks Up, Bear Down?
In the second-annual American City Business Journals rankings, Arizona State University climbed the ranks while well-known rival school University of Arizona fell 20 spots.
The two colleges had a much closer margin in last year’s rankings — just nine spots apart, showcasing the extent of their ongoing rivalry.
The state’s third public university, Northern Arizona University, ranked at No. 192, after not making it within the top 250 last year.
More than 470 four-year public colleges and universities were analyzed to determine which offer the “best educational experiences” for students, including factors such as selectivity, prestige and community.
This is a 360-degree turnaround from another recent ranking: Forbes ranked University of Arizona as the best college in the state, with Arizona State University ranking at No. 292 and Northern Arizona University coming in at No. 561.
- Video of dog retrieving football tees for Boise State goes viral
- Arizona’s imports from Mexico up 25 percent in July compared to 2016
- Prescott school ranked as nation’s top aerospace engineering program
- Arizona State hosting IT career day at Tempe campus
- Arizona Board of Regents calls lawsuit over tuition hikes a ‘disappointment’