PHOENIX — A Silver Alert was cancelled Thursday night for a missing Phoenix-area man who was found safe near Quartzsite, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Gilbert Police issued a Silver Alert for 91-year-old William Cies, who was last seen at his home on Thursday morning around 10 a.m.
Police found him “safe and sound” near Quartzsite on Thursday night.
He was thought to have been driving his red 1976 Mercedes coupe.
Cies and his wife live at 4309 W. Strawberry Lane in Gilbert, Arizona. Police said the vehicle has an Illinois license plate of MPC72.
Police said Cies suffers from Alzheimer’s. Cies was described as a 5’9″ man with gray or white hair and brown eyes.
He was wearing long pants, a yellow sweater and blue collar shirt.
Cies went missing in December, but was found shortly after.
- Gilbert breaks ground on first cemetery, which is set to open in 2019
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Vehicle crimes surge in Phoenix suburb known for safety
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year
- Gilbert residents could see utility rates increase later this year