PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have a good reason to celebrate National Chili Day on Thursday.
In a survey conducted by foodmaker Hormel, both Phoenix and Tucson tied for the No. 5 spot on the chili-maker’s best chili cities list.
The top chili city in the country was not in Texas, which claims the spicy bean meal as its state dish. The top honor in Hormel’s survey went to Los Angeles.
That’s not to say the Lone Star State missed out on the list. Dallas came in second on the list, followed by Houston.
The only other city to beat Phoenix and Tucson on the list was Cincinnati.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Phoenix police searching for suspect who shot, killed bicyclist
- Arizona DREAMer named among Forbes Magazine’s 30 Under 30
- How much should you spend to avoid post-holiday blues in Arizona?
- Part of world’s largest telescope to be built at University of Arizona
- Scottsdale to welcome Arizona’s first ‘dockless’ bike share program