PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have a good reason to celebrate National Chili Day on Thursday.
In a survey conducted by foodmaker Hormel, both Phoenix and Tucson tied for the No. 5 spot on the chili-maker’s best chili cities list.
The top chili city in the country was not in Texas, which claims the spicy bean meal as its state dish. The top honor in Hormel’s survey went to Los Angeles.
That’s not to say the Lone Star State missed out on the list. Dallas came in second on the list, followed by Houston.
The only other city to beat Phoenix and Tucson on the list was Cincinnati.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- 43 million tourists spent $22 billion in Arizona last year, research finds
- Gosar endorses Ward over McSally in divisive Senate race
- Missouri-based Park University to open Gilbert campus later this year
- Organization aiming to relaunch migrant foster program in Phoenix
- Muslim group condemns Gosar over support of jailed far-right UK activist