PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have a good reason to celebrate National Chili Day on Thursday.
In a survey conducted by foodmaker Hormel, both Phoenix and Tucson tied for the No. 5 spot on the chili-maker’s best chili cities list.
The top chili city in the country was not in Texas, which claims the spicy bean meal as its state dish. The top honor in Hormel’s survey went to Los Angeles.
That’s not to say the Lone Star State missed out on the list. Dallas came in second on the list, followed by Houston.
The only other city to beat Phoenix and Tucson on the list was Cincinnati.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Nearly 22K push for political power at Women’s March in Arizona
- Border Patrol arrests humanitarian group volunteer in southern Arizona
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Dog dies in Maricopa County animal shelter from ‘strep zoo’ infection
- Arizonans bought more than 86,000 pounds of medical marijuana last year