PHOENIX — A man accused of driving a stolen car has died after an officer-involved shooting in the Phoenix area, according to police.
The shooting occurred around 3 p.m. on Wednesday near 75th Avenue and McDowell Road. No officers were injured in the shooting.
Police did not identify the suspect, but said he may have been wanted on an outstanding parole violation.
According to police, the man was stopped and put the car into reverse, hitting other vehicles in the area. At least one officer appeared to be in danger, which was when the suspect was shot.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition and later died.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Two suffer life-threatening injuries after car crashes into pole in Glendale
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Phoenix shooting leaves two injured, one dead on Saturday
- A year after shooting, Sen. Jeff Flake says his gun views have shifted
- How elderly people can stay safe during summer in Arizona