PHOENIX — A man accused of driving a stolen car has died after an officer-involved shooting in the Phoenix area, according to police.
The shooting occurred around 3 p.m. on Wednesday near 75th Avenue and McDowell Road. No officers were injured in the shooting.
Police did not identify the suspect, but said he may have been wanted on an outstanding parole violation.
According to police, the man was stopped and put the car into reverse, hitting other vehicles in the area. At least one officer appeared to be in danger, which was when the suspect was shot.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition and later died.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- 2 individuals found dead at Scottsdale apartment complex
- Naked Mexican man found atop coal shipment at Arizona border
- Silver Alert canceled for missing 83-year-old Mesa man with Alzheimer’s
- Jury finds ex-Mesa police officer Brailsford not guilty on murder charge
- 14-year-old Phoenix boy meets first responders who saved his life