PHOENIX — A man accused of driving a stolen car has died after an officer-involved shooting in the Phoenix area, according to police.
The shooting occurred around 3 p.m. on Wednesday near 75th Avenue and McDowell Road. No officers were injured in the shooting.
Police did not identify the suspect, but said he may have been wanted on an outstanding parole violation.
According to police, the man was stopped and put the car into reverse, hitting other vehicles in the area. At least one officer appeared to be in danger, which was when the suspect was shot.
He was taken to a hospital in critical condition and later died.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Thousands to march on Arizona’s capitol in response to Florida shooting
- Phoenix police union calling for review board decision to be overturned
- 300 Mesa High students walk out in support of stricter gun control
- Police investigating possible triple homicide in northwest Phoenix
- Hearing called off for Phoenix-area man accused in 9 shooting deaths