PHOENIX — Get ready for the excuse you needed on a Wednesday: It’s National Margarita Day!
Someone, somewhere (we think they’re pretty bright) decided that Feb. 22 would be the day the nation pays tribute to the tequila drink and, while the history behind the actual day is sketchy, we really don’t mind.
Rather than telling you where to buy tequila — we’d recommend any grocery, convenience or drug store in town — along with all the other ingredients, we thought we’d put together a list of the best margarita spots around.
After all, sipping a margarita while sitting on a patio sure sounds great, especially with the weather being nice! Just be sure to drink some water as well.
While you could stay home and whip up your own margarita — it’s just tequila, triple sec and lime, after all — Phoenix has quite a few places that serve them up on a daily basis.
We searched the Internet (or just browsed Yelp) to give you a rundown of some of the best margarita places Phoenix has to offer.
Flip through the gallery below to get some ideas of the best Phoenix spots to grab the most common tequila-based cocktail in the nation. Just be sure to make plans to get home safely if you overindulge.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- He Said: Arizona Diamondbacks' Tot Dog is a must-order at Chase Field
- She Said: Zookz in Phoenix offers tasty sandwiches in a unique shape
- Here are our picks for the 10 best dishes at Devour Phoenix
- Salud! Mark National Margarita Day at these Phoenix-area spots
- Tamales & coffee concept to open in Phoenix
- American cyclist Young dies from injuries sustained in Tucson crash
- State 48 Brewery to ‘brew’ up downtown Phoenix location, set to open in 2018
- Actor, comedian Jerry Seinfeld to perform in Tucson in September
- Phoenix trial date set for NBA players accused of assault
- Police close off west Phoenix street, school put on brief lockdown