PHOENIX — Get ready for the excuse you needed on a Wednesday: It’s National Margarita Day!
Someone, somewhere (we think they’re pretty bright) decided that Feb. 22 would be the day the nation pays tribute to the tequila drink and, while the history behind the actual day is sketchy, we really don’t mind.
Rather than telling you where to buy tequila — we’d recommend any grocery, convenience or drug store in town — along with all the other ingredients, we thought we’d put together a list of the best margarita spots around.
After all, sipping a margarita while sitting on a patio sure sounds great, especially with the weather being nice! Just be sure to drink some water as well.
While you could stay home and whip up your own margarita — it’s just tequila, triple sec and lime, after all — Phoenix has quite a few places that serve them up on a daily basis.
We searched the Internet (or just browsed Yelp) to give you a rundown of some of the best margarita places Phoenix has to offer.
Flip through the gallery below to get some ideas of the best Phoenix spots to grab the most common tequila-based cocktail in the nation. Just be sure to make plans to get home safely if you overindulge.
- Live blog: Enjoy respite from high-teen Phoenix temperatures
- Sky Harbor’s Sky Train gets approval for $100 million extension
- Main Street Minute: Vig restaurant chain sells central Phoenix site
- Interstates 10, 17 among Phoenix freeways to have weekend closures
- YouTube TV expanding to new markets, including Phoenix
- She Said: CRUjiente Tacos has a creative, tasty menu full of must-have items
- She Said: 10 Phoenix spots to celebrate National Doughnut Day
- He Said: Ocean Poke Co. is a great option to feel full and healthy
- She Said: The 10 best burger spots in the Phoenix area
- He Said: Arizona Diamondbacks' Tot Dog is a must-order at Chase Field