PHOENIX — Get ready for the excuse you needed on a Wednesday: It’s National Margarita Day!
Someone, somewhere (we think they’re pretty bright) decided that Feb. 22 would be the day the nation pays tribute to the tequila drink and, while the history behind the actual day is sketchy, we really don’t mind.
Rather than telling you where to buy tequila — we’d recommend any grocery, convenience or drug store in town — along with all the other ingredients, we thought we’d put together a list of the best margarita spots around.
After all, sipping a margarita while sitting on a patio sure sounds great, especially with the weather being nice! Just be sure to drink some water as well.
While you could stay home and whip up your own margarita — it’s just tequila, triple sec and lime, after all — Phoenix has quite a few places that serve them up on a daily basis.
We searched the Internet (or just browsed Yelp) to give you a rundown of some of the best margarita places Phoenix has to offer.
Flip through the gallery below to get some ideas of the best Phoenix spots to grab the most common tequila-based cocktail in the nation. Just be sure to make plans to get home safely if you overindulge.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Here are our picks for the 10 best dishes at Devour Phoenix
- Salud! Mark National Margarita Day at these Phoenix-area spots
- Tamales & coffee concept to open in Phoenix
- He Said: The best breakfast sandwich in Phoenix is at Be Coffee + Food + Stuff
- He Said: Can't-miss upcoming foodie events in the Phoenix area
- March Madness: Your guide to the NCAA Final Four in Phoenix
- Maricopa County leads nation in annual population growth
- The Latest: Parents accused of murder investigated in 2014
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix company Revana holding speed hiring event
- Parents accused in kid’s shooting death investigated in 2014