ANAHEIM, Calif. — Officers in Southern California have fatally shot a man suspected of shooting and wounding someone, and firing at a police helicopter that was following him.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt said officers in the helicopter were checking on reports of gunshots in an Anaheim neighborhood Saturday afternoon when they spotted a gunman standing over another man lying on the ground.
Wyatt said the gunman shot a round at the helicopter.
When officers on the ground confronted the man, they ordered him to drop his weapon. Wyatt said he refused, so officers shot him.
A firearm was recovered from the scene.
- Surprise man shot by repairman Friday afternoon, police say
- 92-year-old Arizona woman held in son’s death pleads not guilty
- Charges dismissed in shootout at Arizona Border Patrol checkpoint
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate
- Secret Service urging schools to establish teams for campus threats