ANAHEIM, Calif. — Officers in Southern California have fatally shot a man suspected of shooting and wounding someone, and firing at a police helicopter that was following him.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt said officers in the helicopter were checking on reports of gunshots in an Anaheim neighborhood Saturday afternoon when they spotted a gunman standing over another man lying on the ground.
Wyatt said the gunman shot a round at the helicopter.
When officers on the ground confronted the man, they ordered him to drop his weapon. Wyatt said he refused, so officers shot him.
A firearm was recovered from the scene.
- Sheriff Paul Penzone voices concerns about Ducey’s school safety plan
- Police: Guard at state office arrested in no-injury shooting
- Gov. Doug Ducey to introduce plan to address some school safety issues
- Arizona students walk out of class to push for gun control
- Arizona students, Democratic lawmakers push for gun control bills