ANAHEIM, Calif. — Officers in Southern California have fatally shot a man suspected of shooting and wounding someone, and firing at a police helicopter that was following him.
Sgt. Daron Wyatt said officers in the helicopter were checking on reports of gunshots in an Anaheim neighborhood Saturday afternoon when they spotted a gunman standing over another man lying on the ground.
Wyatt said the gunman shot a round at the helicopter.
When officers on the ground confronted the man, they ordered him to drop his weapon. Wyatt said he refused, so officers shot him.
A firearm was recovered from the scene.
- Phoenix woman sentenced for framing husband’s ex as stalker
- Woman dies, 2 men critically wounded in Phoenix house party shooting
- Virginia State University campus on lockdown after shooting
- Teen pleads not guilty to killing Arizona woman
- Fatal car crashes up in Arizona, drunk driving-related accidents decrease