Police have been investigating a possible abduction since 1 p.m. Saturday after a witness reported a 10-year-old girl being carried into an SUV near University Drive and 22nd Place in Mesa.
Officials are unsure if it was an abduction but will continue investigating. The child was described by the single witness as a 10-year-old Hispanic or white female who was 4-foot and 75 pounds. She had long, dark hair and was wearing a white shirt, white leggings and “possibly a skirt.”
The adult was described as an adult male. He was driving a newer model Toyota SUV.
There were no additional witnesses and police said they have not received any report of a missing person. They have not received any additional info by interviewing neighbors.
Police will continue to treat the case as an abduction.
- Phoenix man charged with murder after man found dead in Mesa
- Mesa police confirm suspect in nail salon homicide was killed by officers
- Standoff with Mesa police ends hours after gunfire, no bloodshed
- Mesa police officer, 1 other person injured in car accident
- Police find husband with stab wounds, wife dead in Mesa home