Paul Bender, former Supreme Court law clerk, chief deputy associate solicitor general of the United States and dean of the Arizona State University School of Law is our sole guest this week.
Paul answers our questions about:
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy
- Who are the leading candidates to replace him? Who could get confirmed?
- What happens in the case of a 4-4 tie vote in the Supreme Court?
- What are the most significant cases impacted by Scalia’s demise?
And in the final segment, Mike and Mike discuss the political implications of the impending appointment fight.
- Arizona AG wants Supreme Court to protect prayer at public meetings
- Arizona Supreme Court hears Medicaid expansion challenge
- Supreme Court dismisses 1 of 2 travel ban cases
- US Supreme Court denies Arpaio’s bid to get jury trial in his now-pardoned case
- Flake calling on US Supreme Court to overturn prisoners’ restraints ruling