Paul Bender, former Supreme Court law clerk, chief deputy associate solicitor general of the United States and dean of the Arizona State University School of Law is our sole guest this week.
Paul answers our questions about:
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy
- Who are the leading candidates to replace him? Who could get confirmed?
- What happens in the case of a 4-4 tie vote in the Supreme Court?
- What are the most significant cases impacted by Scalia’s demise?
And in the final segment, Mike and Mike discuss the political implications of the impending appointment fight.
- Arizona ruling allows self-defense claim while denying involvement
- US Supreme Court to consider Arizona age discrimination suit
- US Supreme Court declines Arizona same-sex parental rights case
- Supreme Court rejects White House appeal over immigration
- State finds tax break warrants Arizona Supreme Court action