Paul Bender, former Supreme Court law clerk, chief deputy associate solicitor general of the United States and dean of the Arizona State University School of Law is our sole guest this week.
Paul answers our questions about:
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy
- Who are the leading candidates to replace him? Who could get confirmed?
- What happens in the case of a 4-4 tie vote in the Supreme Court?
- What are the most significant cases impacted by Scalia’s demise?
And in the final segment, Mike and Mike discuss the political implications of the impending appointment fight.
- Arizona AG Mark Brnovich backs Brett Kavanaugh for Supreme Court
- Trump picks Brett Kavanaugh to replace Kennedy on Supreme Court
- Former Arizona Sen. Jon Kyl to guide Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears
- Justice Anthony Kennedy retiring; Trump gets 2nd Supreme Court pick