Paul Bender, former Supreme Court law clerk, chief deputy associate solicitor general of the United States and dean of the Arizona State University School of Law is our sole guest this week.
Paul answers our questions about:
- Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s legacy
- Who are the leading candidates to replace him? Who could get confirmed?
- What happens in the case of a 4-4 tie vote in the Supreme Court?
- What are the most significant cases impacted by Scalia’s demise?
And in the final segment, Mike and Mike discuss the political implications of the impending appointment fight.
- Joe Arpaio loses bid to have Supreme Court put his trial on hold
- Ex-sheriff Joe Arpaio asks US Supreme Court to put his trial on hold
- Supreme Court reinstates portion of Trump travel ban
- Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio asks US Supreme Court for jury trial in contempt case
- After ‘going nuclear,’ Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court