PHOENIX — Maricopa County sheriff’s deputies are striving to get a Maryvale woman to a hospital after she was discovered to be hoarding huge amounts of objects and animals in her home.
Officials found several cats, dogs and a monkey in the 78-year-old’s house, which reeked of garbage and dead animals. The pets were not well cared-for and will be taken to appropriate veterinary facilities.
The deputies believe there are more cats in the house, but they were unable to reach them because of the house is so full.
The house is located near 59th Avenue and Indian School Road. Those who live near the woman said they suspected her of having mental health problems before authorities got involved.
The woman who lives next door asked not to be identified but said her neighbor often exhibited behavior that was out of the ordinary.
“She’ll look through the windows at night and call my daughter’s name, that scares me,” she said. “Not only that, she’ll be sitting at three o’clock in the morning, pulled up in front of our house, looking directly in our windows and just sitting there, staring, and it creeps me out.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development