PHOENIX — It’s out of a hospital and into a high school for three staff members at Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
They will be partnering with five public high schools in Gilbert, Ariz., to provide athletic care for school teams.
“This is an effort to improve and increase the level of sports medicine and athletic training services that are provided in the Gilbert public schools,” said Dr. Matthew Hansen, medical director of the hospital’s sports medicine program.
The new program is designed to be on par with other sports medicine programs offered at the collegiate level.
“Part of that is having the right numbers of athletic trainers to care for student athletes, but also having the right specialist and sub-specialists to care for them as well,” Hansen said.
More than 4,000 high school athletes in the Gilbert School District will benefit from the program.
“We see this as a comprehensive health care environment for the students,” he added.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets