PHOENIX — It’s out of a hospital and into a high school for three staff members at Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
They will be partnering with five public high schools in Gilbert, Ariz., to provide athletic care for school teams.
“This is an effort to improve and increase the level of sports medicine and athletic training services that are provided in the Gilbert public schools,” said Dr. Matthew Hansen, medical director of the hospital’s sports medicine program.
The new program is designed to be on par with other sports medicine programs offered at the collegiate level.
“Part of that is having the right numbers of athletic trainers to care for student athletes, but also having the right specialist and sub-specialists to care for them as well,” Hansen said.
More than 4,000 high school athletes in the Gilbert School District will benefit from the program.
“We see this as a comprehensive health care environment for the students,” he added.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development