PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals quarterback is in hot water after being charged with shoplifting and possession of cocaine.
Police said Max Hall was arrested Friday in Gilbert near the Loop 202 and Williams Field Road. He was allegedly in possession of stolen items from Best Buy and Walmart along with a small amount of cocaine.
Hall was booked and released.
Hall, a Mesa, Ariz., native, was signed by the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2010. During a whirlwind season that saw starter Derek Anderson injured and former backup Matt Leinart released, Hall moved up the depth chart and became the starter on Oct. 10. He won his first game and was injured the following season.
Hall played six games in the NFL, compiling a 50 percent completion rating along with one touchdown and six interceptions. He finished his playing career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League.
Hall’s uncle, Danny White, is an Arizona State University and Dallas Cowboys legend.
KTAR’s Paul Ihander contributed to this report.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas