PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals quarterback is in hot water after being charged with shoplifting and possession of cocaine.
Police said Max Hall was arrested Friday in Gilbert near the Loop 202 and Williams Field Road. He was allegedly in possession of stolen items from Best Buy and Walmart along with a small amount of cocaine.
Hall was booked and released.
Hall, a Mesa, Ariz., native, was signed by the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent in 2010. During a whirlwind season that saw starter Derek Anderson injured and former backup Matt Leinart released, Hall moved up the depth chart and became the starter on Oct. 10. He won his first game and was injured the following season.
Hall played six games in the NFL, compiling a 50 percent completion rating along with one touchdown and six interceptions. He finished his playing career with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the Canadian Football League.
Hall’s uncle, Danny White, is an Arizona State University and Dallas Cowboys legend.
KTAR’s Paul Ihander contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon