The private school with the highest enrollment in the Valley for the second year in a row is Northwest Christian School — which, true to its name, is in northwest Phoenix.
The Phoenix Business Journal published its annual private schools list last week, finding that Northwest Christian’s enrollment of 1,408 students is the highest in the region.
In April, the Business Journal ranked the top 10 Arizona schools by their average SAT scores from 2013. Charter schools comprised a majority of the list, including BASIS schools, which took four of the top 10 spots. BASIS Scottsdale was the only of the four located in the Valley.
The Huffington Post reported in February that the high-performing BASIS schools are looking to “morph that into a separate network of private schools while still expanding the charter network.” Although BASIS began in Arizona, private iterations of the school are scheduled to open in San Jose and Brooklyn in 2015, and they reportedly will be much more affordable in comparison to many other private schools.
See the top Valley private schools by student population by clicking through the slideshow below.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments