The private school with the highest enrollment in the Valley for the second year in a row is Northwest Christian School — which, true to its name, is in northwest Phoenix.
The Phoenix Business Journal published its annual private schools list last week, finding that Northwest Christian’s enrollment of 1,408 students is the highest in the region.
In April, the Business Journal ranked the top 10 Arizona schools by their average SAT scores from 2013. Charter schools comprised a majority of the list, including BASIS schools, which took four of the top 10 spots. BASIS Scottsdale was the only of the four located in the Valley.
The Huffington Post reported in February that the high-performing BASIS schools are looking to “morph that into a separate network of private schools while still expanding the charter network.” Although BASIS began in Arizona, private iterations of the school are scheduled to open in San Jose and Brooklyn in 2015, and they reportedly will be much more affordable in comparison to many other private schools.
See the top Valley private schools by student population by clicking through the slideshow below.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food