MORRISTOWN, Ariz. — A man who went missing on Lake Pleasant for several hours overnight and well into Monday was found alive in the afternoon.
Just after 2pm today missing 31 year old Bradley Johnson was found near the marina at Lake Pleasant alive, by sheriffs deputies! Great job!
— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) September 1, 2014
Dive teams, underwater robots and cadaver dogs all were involved in the search Sunday night and Monday morning.
Johnson first was reported missing around 11 p.m. Sunday night in the Humbug Cove area. Enriquez said a 911 call was received late Sunday night from a man saying he had not seen his friend for 10 minutes on the lake.
The caller stated they both were on a boat and had been drinking before rolling off the back of the boat and going under.
There was a party on the lake, and sheriff’s deputies requested that the vessels remain in place Sunday while they searched the area.
“They were at a rave-type party, and we don’t know if he got onto another boat,” Enriquez said Monday morning. “Because of the close proximity to the other boats, there is the possibility that he could have gotten onto another boat and is just somewhere else — however unlikely that is.”
The Humbug Cove search was problematic, Enriquez said, because the water is about 30- to 50-feet deep, and the bottom is covered with trees.
No other information on Johnson’s condition was immediately given.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development