MORRISTOWN, Ariz. — A man who went missing on Lake Pleasant for several hours overnight and well into Monday was found alive in the afternoon.
Just after 2pm today missing 31 year old Bradley Johnson was found near the marina at Lake Pleasant alive, by sheriffs deputies! Great job!
— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) September 1, 2014
Dive teams, underwater robots and cadaver dogs all were involved in the search Sunday night and Monday morning.
Johnson first was reported missing around 11 p.m. Sunday night in the Humbug Cove area. Enriquez said a 911 call was received late Sunday night from a man saying he had not seen his friend for 10 minutes on the lake.
The caller stated they both were on a boat and had been drinking before rolling off the back of the boat and going under.
There was a party on the lake, and sheriff’s deputies requested that the vessels remain in place Sunday while they searched the area.
“They were at a rave-type party, and we don’t know if he got onto another boat,” Enriquez said Monday morning. “Because of the close proximity to the other boats, there is the possibility that he could have gotten onto another boat and is just somewhere else — however unlikely that is.”
The Humbug Cove search was problematic, Enriquez said, because the water is about 30- to 50-feet deep, and the bottom is covered with trees.
No other information on Johnson’s condition was immediately given.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier