MORRISTOWN, Ariz. — A man who went missing on Lake Pleasant for several hours overnight and well into Monday was found alive in the afternoon.
Just after 2pm today missing 31 year old Bradley Johnson was found near the marina at Lake Pleasant alive, by sheriffs deputies! Great job!
— Deputy Enriquez (@DeputyEnriquez) September 1, 2014
Dive teams, underwater robots and cadaver dogs all were involved in the search Sunday night and Monday morning.
Johnson first was reported missing around 11 p.m. Sunday night in the Humbug Cove area. Enriquez said a 911 call was received late Sunday night from a man saying he had not seen his friend for 10 minutes on the lake.
The caller stated they both were on a boat and had been drinking before rolling off the back of the boat and going under.
There was a party on the lake, and sheriff’s deputies requested that the vessels remain in place Sunday while they searched the area.
“They were at a rave-type party, and we don’t know if he got onto another boat,” Enriquez said Monday morning. “Because of the close proximity to the other boats, there is the possibility that he could have gotten onto another boat and is just somewhere else — however unlikely that is.”
The Humbug Cove search was problematic, Enriquez said, because the water is about 30- to 50-feet deep, and the bottom is covered with trees.
No other information on Johnson’s condition was immediately given.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food