PHOENIX — A new poll released Sunday showed the race to succeed Republican Jan Brewer is a dead heat. Rasmussen Reports which conducted a survey of 850 likely voters, has rated Arizona a toss-up state when it comes to the next governor.
The poll found Republican Doug Ducey and Democrat Fred Duval would each get 40 percent of the vote. The survey’s margin of error is three percent. You can check out the wording of the poll here. While more voters are registered as Republicans than Democrats in Arizona, the number of people who identify as independent voters is larger than either party.
Both Ducey and Duval say jobs and education are priorities. Coming up with court-mandated cash for schools will be one of the first jobs for the next governor. During the recession, state lawmakers and Gov. Jan Brewer cut education funding and last year Arizona’s Supreme Court ruled they violated the will of voters by stopping annual inflation adjustments. Earlier this month, a Maricopa County judge ruled the state must boost K-12 funding by more than $1.5 billion over five years.
Arizona is one of nine toss-up states currently.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas