PHOENIX — A new poll released Sunday showed the race to succeed Republican Jan Brewer is a dead heat. Rasmussen Reports which conducted a survey of 850 likely voters, has rated Arizona a toss-up state when it comes to the next governor.
The poll found Republican Doug Ducey and Democrat Fred Duval would each get 40 percent of the vote. The survey’s margin of error is three percent. You can check out the wording of the poll here. While more voters are registered as Republicans than Democrats in Arizona, the number of people who identify as independent voters is larger than either party.
Both Ducey and Duval say jobs and education are priorities. Coming up with court-mandated cash for schools will be one of the first jobs for the next governor. During the recession, state lawmakers and Gov. Jan Brewer cut education funding and last year Arizona’s Supreme Court ruled they violated the will of voters by stopping annual inflation adjustments. Earlier this month, a Maricopa County judge ruled the state must boost K-12 funding by more than $1.5 billion over five years.
Arizona is one of nine toss-up states currently.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development