PHOENIX — A heated dispute outside a central Phoenix home left one dead and one injured early Sunday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:15 a.m., as a sergeant with the Phoenix Police Department was riding in his patrol car near the area of 4000 E. Southern Ave.
As the sergeant was making his way around the neighborhood, he heard multiple gunshots fired from south of the area.
Upon a scope of the neighborhood, he eventually found a vehicle with multiple bullet strikes outside a residence in the area of 4000 E. Nancy Lane.
In the front yard of the home, the officer found two gunshot victims — a 35-year-old male who suffered a wound to the torso and a 28-year-old female who suffered a wound to the upper arm.
Both were transported to a local area hospital, where the male victim ultimately succumbed to his wound.
According to the report, investigators were told that the two victims were dropped off at the residence just minutes before the gunshots rang out.
The male victim reportedly got into a fight with two unknown males, described as Hispanic-looking. When the victim exited his vehicle, one or both of the unknown males fired off multiple rounds.
Phoenix PD searched the neighborhood but neither of the suspects were found.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments