PHOENIX — A heated dispute outside a central Phoenix home left one dead and one injured early Sunday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:15 a.m., as a sergeant with the Phoenix Police Department was riding in his patrol car near the area of 4000 E. Southern Ave.
As the sergeant was making his way around the neighborhood, he heard multiple gunshots fired from south of the area.
Upon a scope of the neighborhood, he eventually found a vehicle with multiple bullet strikes outside a residence in the area of 4000 E. Nancy Lane.
In the front yard of the home, the officer found two gunshot victims — a 35-year-old male who suffered a wound to the torso and a 28-year-old female who suffered a wound to the upper arm.
Both were transported to a local area hospital, where the male victim ultimately succumbed to his wound.
According to the report, investigators were told that the two victims were dropped off at the residence just minutes before the gunshots rang out.
The male victim reportedly got into a fight with two unknown males, described as Hispanic-looking. When the victim exited his vehicle, one or both of the unknown males fired off multiple rounds.
Phoenix PD searched the neighborhood but neither of the suspects were found.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night