PHOENIX — A heated dispute outside a central Phoenix home left one dead and one injured early Sunday morning.
The incident occurred around 3:15 a.m., as a sergeant with the Phoenix Police Department was riding in his patrol car near the area of 4000 E. Southern Ave.
As the sergeant was making his way around the neighborhood, he heard multiple gunshots fired from south of the area.
Upon a scope of the neighborhood, he eventually found a vehicle with multiple bullet strikes outside a residence in the area of 4000 E. Nancy Lane.
In the front yard of the home, the officer found two gunshot victims — a 35-year-old male who suffered a wound to the torso and a 28-year-old female who suffered a wound to the upper arm.
Both were transported to a local area hospital, where the male victim ultimately succumbed to his wound.
According to the report, investigators were told that the two victims were dropped off at the residence just minutes before the gunshots rang out.
The male victim reportedly got into a fight with two unknown males, described as Hispanic-looking. When the victim exited his vehicle, one or both of the unknown males fired off multiple rounds.
Phoenix PD searched the neighborhood but neither of the suspects were found.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America