PHOENIX — A stabbing at a Phoenix home left one dead Saturday afternoon and another behind bars.
According to the report, both the Phoenix Police Department and Phoenix Fire Department were called at 12:45 p.m. to assist an injured person at a home located on 13200 N. 17th Ave.
Upon arrival, the victim, identified as 48-year-old Shannon Lishen, was found to have been stabbed in her upper body. She was pronounced dead at the scene by fire officials.
Based on the help of a witness who lived at the residence, investigators were able to determine that Lishen was last seen alive Friday night at her home and in the company of ex-boyfriend Gary Michaels.
The witness told police that the two had recently broke off their relationship but were trying to make amends Friday night.
When the witness awoke Saturday, she found the victim lying in her bedroom but Michaels was gone.
Detectives with the Phoenix PD have since made contact with Michaels and based on both the witness’ information and other evidence were able to arrest him for Lishen’s murder.
There is no other information available at this time.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development