PHOENIX — A stabbing at a Phoenix home left one dead Saturday afternoon and another behind bars.
According to the report, both the Phoenix Police Department and Phoenix Fire Department were called at 12:45 p.m. to assist an injured person at a home located on 13200 N. 17th Ave.
Upon arrival, the victim, identified as 48-year-old Shannon Lishen, was found to have been stabbed in her upper body. She was pronounced dead at the scene by fire officials.
Based on the help of a witness who lived at the residence, investigators were able to determine that Lishen was last seen alive Friday night at her home and in the company of ex-boyfriend Gary Michaels.
The witness told police that the two had recently broke off their relationship but were trying to make amends Friday night.
When the witness awoke Saturday, she found the victim lying in her bedroom but Michaels was gone.
Detectives with the Phoenix PD have since made contact with Michaels and based on both the witness’ information and other evidence were able to arrest him for Lishen’s murder.
There is no other information available at this time.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas