PHOENIX — The head of the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee said some things need to be settled with the city of Glendale in order to make Super Bowl XLIX a success in February.
Chief Executive Officer Jay Parry admitted the committee has some issues with Glendale.
“The parking plan, for one,” said Parry. “Also, right now we have two hotels in Glendale that are in the hotel room block.” Those are hotels that have set aside rooms for the big game without jacking up prices. “We would really love to see more hotels from Glendale and the west valley involved in that, because that’s where the visitors come to stay. That’s really an important element of hosting a successful event.”
Parry put it another way.
“I would say that we’re working with Glendale, and we have some areas that we need to shore up with them and come to conclusion on,” she said.
The Arizona Cardinals have also been bickering with Glendale over similar issues.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick