PHOENIX — Find a plug: Phoenix was recently ranked among the most friendly cities nationwide for electric vehicles, according to Smart Grid.
The Valley of the Sun ranked at No. 8 in the country for electric vehicle-friendly cities in Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative’s latest Top 10 Friendliest Cities for Electric Vehicles list.
Atlanta, New York City, Houston, Chicago and Portland consumed the top five cities nationwide, while Los Angeles, Seattle, Baltimore and Orlando joined Phoenix in the bottom five.
According to the article, the organization ranked the cities due to their “abundance of publicly available (electric vehicle) charging options.”
In 2015, Arizona became home to the nation’s first universal charging route for electric cars, located between Phoenix and Tucson.
- Kids who are stubborn with food may be more than just ‘picky eaters’
- Looking for ways to support a sexual assault victim? Here’s how
- Main Street Minute: Butcher shop opening in Phoenix neighborhood
- Pregnant woman dies in Phoenix car crash, passenger injured
- This Phoenix health clinic is a lifeline for the uninsured