PHOENIX — During the last few months of her term, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer plans to bring the Republican Party together.
The party had been split between multiple candidates leading up to Tuesday’s primary election. Brewer said her role is to now get everyone on the same page.
“You know, I’m a particular hit of the Republican Party, so it is a responsibility of mine to try to build a consensus,” Brewer said.
Brewer said even though members of the Republican Party do not see eye-to-eye with each other on all the issues, they need to stand together between now and the General Election.
“We all believe and agree with each other 80 percent of the time and we need to really strongly believe that and do that and get our people elected,” she added.
She said one of her final responsibilities is to help develop a platform for Republican gubernatorial candidate Doug Ducey to run on.
“It’s the right thing to do,” Brewer explained. “It’s traditional and we have a strong platform that we want to follow to get our state and our country turned around.”
But make no mistake: Just because Brewer will be stepping down as governor doesn’t mean she will cease being vocal.
“[I won’t be] Jan Brewer the elected official,” she explained. “I can do or say what I really want to do at the appropriate times. That’s difficult when you’re governor, because you’re speaking for the state.”
The General Election will take place Nov. 4.
KTAR’s Jim Cross contributed to this report.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon