PHOENIX — Maricopa County residents coping with last week’s massive flooding rains have a new place to turn.
Daisy Mountain Fire Station No. 141 will open a flood recovery information center Thursday in New River, Ariz.
Created by the Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management, residents affected by flooding can stop in have their questions answered and “find resources on a variety of flood-related issues, from roads and sand bags to drinking water and lost animals,” according to a press release.
In addition to Emergency Management, employees from Maricopa County DOT, Flood Control, Planning and Development and Animal Care and Control will also be there.
The center is located at 43814 N. New River Road and will be open Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development