PHOENIX — Maricopa County residents coping with last week’s massive flooding rains have a new place to turn.
Daisy Mountain Fire Station No. 141 will open a flood recovery information center Thursday in New River, Ariz.
Created by the Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management, residents affected by flooding can stop in have their questions answered and “find resources on a variety of flood-related issues, from roads and sand bags to drinking water and lost animals,” according to a press release.
In addition to Emergency Management, employees from Maricopa County DOT, Flood Control, Planning and Development and Animal Care and Control will also be there.
The center is located at 43814 N. New River Road and will be open Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier