This week, we had Michael Spanenberg, co-founder of the State Forty Eight apparel brand, on It’s Business Time.
State Forty Eight has become one of the most popular local clothing lines in Arizona since its inception three years ago.
In my conversation with Michael, he said that his one piece of advice that he would give all would-be entrepreneurs is that you just have to “go for it.”
This is so true for all us of who dream of starting our own businesses and working for ourselves. No matter how great our ideas are or how much support we have from friends and family, there comes a time where we need to risk it all, put ourselves out there and go for it.
There is no success unless you give it a try.
However, even if we are passionate about our business, we can’t go about it blindly.
Michael also mentioned in our conversation how important it is to do your research and be prepared. Though State Forty Eight has experienced tremendous success, the three founders spent a great deal of time preparing their business plan and learning the market.
Simply “going for it” can be dangerous if you have no idea where you are going and what obstacles may be in your path.
Take a lesson from the boys at State Forty Eight and go for your dreams. Just make sure you have the roadmap laid out.
Mike (Winey of Mike & Winey) is the host of It’s Business Time w/ Mike Weinstein heard on Saturday afternoons from 2-3 p.m. on KTAR News 92.3 FM. You can follow Mike on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains