PHOENIX — Technology could have been kinder to Yavapai and Cochise county officials on election night.
Technical issues prevented staff from updating the election sites in a timely manner. Yavapai’s official election page had reported no results Tuesday as of 10:40 p.m. Cochise County posted incorrect results.
The Secretary of State’s Office released a statement Wednesday explaining the Yavapai delay.
During Primary Election Night Reporting, Yavapai County, working with new election equipment, experienced technical difficulties properly exporting the results file out of its system. It took until nearly 6 a.m. this morning for the county’s new system to export a results file. Once Yavapai was able to export the file, that data was successfully uploaded into the state election night reporting system without difficulty.
Shortly before 2:30 a.m., results from 97 percent of the Yavapai precincts were online at the elections site.
In the interim, the county released unofficial results just before 9 p.m.
Yavapai county contains the cities of Prescott and portions of Sedona, two of Arizona’s larger cities outside of Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff.
Wednesday morning, Cochise County’s election site said it experienced “technical difficulties with (Tuesday)’s tabulation of ballots.” The original results were removed. It is unknown when new results would be posted, though the county said they are “forthcoming.”
Both counties are part of the state’s 1st Congressional District, host of a hotly-contested race between three Republican candidates and 10th-largest district in the nation.
Arizona House Speaker Andy Tobin took Yavapai County with 50 percent of the vote, beating Adam Kwasman and Gary Kiehne.
State Sen. Chester Crandell, who died in a horse-riding accident early this month, pulled in 4,552 votes in Yavapai County.
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise