PHOENIX — Technology could have been kinder to Yavapai and Cochise county officials on election night.
Technical issues prevented staff from updating the election sites in a timely manner. Yavapai’s official election page had reported no results Tuesday as of 10:40 p.m. Cochise County posted incorrect results.
The Secretary of State’s Office released a statement Wednesday explaining the Yavapai delay.
During Primary Election Night Reporting, Yavapai County, working with new election equipment, experienced technical difficulties properly exporting the results file out of its system. It took until nearly 6 a.m. this morning for the county’s new system to export a results file. Once Yavapai was able to export the file, that data was successfully uploaded into the state election night reporting system without difficulty.
Shortly before 2:30 a.m., results from 97 percent of the Yavapai precincts were online at the elections site.
In the interim, the county released unofficial results just before 9 p.m.
Yavapai county contains the cities of Prescott and portions of Sedona, two of Arizona’s larger cities outside of Phoenix, Tucson and Flagstaff.
Wednesday morning, Cochise County’s election site said it experienced “technical difficulties with (Tuesday)’s tabulation of ballots.” The original results were removed. It is unknown when new results would be posted, though the county said they are “forthcoming.”
Both counties are part of the state’s 1st Congressional District, host of a hotly-contested race between three Republican candidates and 10th-largest district in the nation.
Arizona House Speaker Andy Tobin took Yavapai County with 50 percent of the vote, beating Adam Kwasman and Gary Kiehne.
State Sen. Chester Crandell, who died in a horse-riding accident early this month, pulled in 4,552 votes in Yavapai County.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.