PHOENIX — Oh myyy! Actor-activist George Takei will be in Scottsdale on Tuesday to host a screening of his biopic “To Be Takei.”
The movie was released this year on both On Demand and iTunes and follows the 77-year-old through his career as Sulu on “Star Trek: The Original Series” to his present-day activism and social media ubiquity.
The movie also chronicles his struggles as a closeted gay actor in Hollywood during the ’60s and ’70s.
After the movie, Takei and his husband Brad Altman will host a Q&A session with fans.
“To Be Takei” will play at the Harkins Shea 14 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $9.50 for adults and can be purchased here.
Takei was also in Scottsdale Monday night as the special guest at a dinner hosted by Democrat Fred DuVal, who is running for Arizona governor.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life