PHOENIX — Are you still trying to figure out who to vote for?
The Arizona primary is Tuesday and some may be undecided on which candidate they will be backing. While multiple races will be determined, most are keeping an eye on the tight contest for the Republican gubernatorial slot.
While the race is by no means decided, Arizona Treasurer Doug Ducey and former Mesa Mayor Scott Smith are believed to be the front-runners, with dark horse candidate Christine Jones possibly making a late run.
“It is absolutely a two-person race between Scott Smith and Doug Ducey,” said Republican political consultant Bert Coleman last week. “I would have to guess that Doug Ducey is probably a few points ahead at this point.”
The winner of the primary will run on the GOP ticket against Democrat Fred DuVal, who is unopposed in the primary.
Many of the candidates were still hitting the campaign trail hard on Monday, but we figured we’d make things easy for you.
During the run-up to the primary, we asked the candidates where they stood on issues via Twitter. We called it Tweet the Vote. We figured we would make it easier on those who are still up in the air — here’s looking at you, Independents — about who they want to back in the GOP primary.
Keep in mind, all these responses were taken from Twitter and may not be grammatically correct.
|How would you fight illegal immigration?||No budget busting here. Looking at expanding RICO funds, raising fines for felons & privatizing the lottery. #KTARtweetthevote||I’ve laid a out a clear, realistic plan to fix our immig. system that I’ll work to implement as Gov: http://bit.ly/1wWAZ6D||You don’t. Immigration is federal policy. You secure the border. See http://thejonesplan.com for how. #KTARtweetthevote #azgov|
|How would you create high-paying jobs?||We’ll start by getting gov’t out of the way — simpler, lower taxes & eliminating unnecessary regulation. #KTARtweetthevote||Focus state on impl. of strategic, forward-thinking economic dev. plan based on AZ’s industry & regional strengths. #HEAT||Get govt out of the way of private sector, keep taxes low & provide a friendly reg. environment, recruit #biz from out of state|
|What are your top priorities for education?||Critical to K-12 edu is improving outcomes by replicating successful models statewide & funding wait lists #KTARtweetthevote||Supporting higher standards that include children passing 3rd grade reading levels, + attracting & retaining great teachers.||Yes to school choice. No to common core. Spend more efficiently. More dollars to classrooms. #KTARtweetthevote #azgov|
|What differentiates you from other candidates?||@azcopinions put it best: Moving AZ forward requires ability 2 bring together diverse coalitions. Ducey has shown he can do it||Only candidate that balanced a budget in the middle of a recession, proven results & leadership in private and public sectors.||Detailed plans for #bordersecurity & #economic development. Proven #biz success. No strings attached. https://vimeo.com/103029896|
Created with the HTML Table Generator
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets