Determined to enhance its news image, Bonneville Phoenix rebrands to KTAR News…on 92.3 FM and KTAR.com. The move includes several important weekday programming changes and a new website designed specifically for mobile users.
Arizona’s 92-year heritage station will provide more news content in middays and evenings.
“This rebrand and website re-launch lets the community know our commitment to live and local news has never been stronger,” said Bonneville Phoenix Market Manager Scott Sutherland. “And it also signals that KTAR News is a multi-platform media brand that distributes audio news and talk show content on FM radio, KTAR.com and the KTAR App, as well as written, audio and video story content online across all devices.”
The changes move top-rated afternoon drive program Mac and Gaydos to a 2 p.m. start to capitalize on the large audience that’s available in mid-afternoons.
The new KTAR News Programming Schedule:
|5-9 a.m.||Arizona’s Morning News|
|9 a.m.-Noon||Bruce St. James and Pamela Hughes|
|Noon-2 p.m.||Arizona’s Noon News and Karie Dozer|
|2-6 p.m.||Mac and Gaydos|
|6-7 P.m.||Arizona’s Evening News|
As part of the rebranding, KTAR News has also launched a new website designed with the mobile-user experience as the top priority.
“Our ‘mobile-first’ design will deliver a powerful, multi-media user experience on smartphones, where our online audience continues to migrate,” said Ryan Hatch, Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of Content and Operations. “Using the very latest technologies, the site also seamlessly adapts to tablets and desktops to deliver the same quality experience across all platforms.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon