PHOENIX — Local government agencies have partnered together to offer a resource center for Maricopa County residents who were affected by recent monsoon storms.
The City of Phoenix, Maricopa County and the State of Arizona are opening a “Recovery Information Center” in the community room of the fire station at 1708 W. Dobbins Road in Phoenix. The information center will initially be open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, the City of Phoenix said.
Several nonprofit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter and Salvation Army will be on site to provide resources to residents who come in.
“Many residents in the Laveen and South Mountain areas still have a long road ahead to recover from last week’s historic monsoon storm,” said Councilwoman Kate Gallego, whose district was heavily affected by monsoon flooding. “I appreciate city staff joining with Maricopa County and the State of Arizona to pull together this resource center as one more tool residents can use to coordinate recovery and repair efforts and identify resources to continue moving forward and repairing their homes.”
On-site donations in the form of a check will also be accepted at the information center. For more information, call 602-534-2222 or click here.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy