PHOENIX — Local government agencies have partnered together to offer a resource center for Maricopa County residents who were affected by recent monsoon storms.
The City of Phoenix, Maricopa County and the State of Arizona are opening a “Recovery Information Center” in the community room of the fire station at 1708 W. Dobbins Road in Phoenix. The information center will initially be open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, the City of Phoenix said.
Several nonprofit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter and Salvation Army will be on site to provide resources to residents who come in.
“Many residents in the Laveen and South Mountain areas still have a long road ahead to recover from last week’s historic monsoon storm,” said Councilwoman Kate Gallego, whose district was heavily affected by monsoon flooding. “I appreciate city staff joining with Maricopa County and the State of Arizona to pull together this resource center as one more tool residents can use to coordinate recovery and repair efforts and identify resources to continue moving forward and repairing their homes.”
On-site donations in the form of a check will also be accepted at the information center. For more information, call 602-534-2222 or click here.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development