Tens of thousands of sharks have taken a break from their serious shark studies to congregate off the coast of Florida this week.
Joking aside, this video posted on the Facebook page FAU Shark Migration shows swarms of blacktip sharks in migration. The sharks, like your parents, prefer Florida’s warmer temperatures when the cold kicks in up north.
For the past few weeks, Stephen Kajiura, a professor of biological sciences at Florida Atlantic University, has been photographing the sharks around West Palm Beach from high above, posting the draw-dropping photos and videos online.
Kajiura and his student researchers are photographing and tagging sharks in hopes of better understanding their movements.
- Students planning March for Our Lives events across Arizona
- Gov. Doug Ducey to introduce plan to address some school safety issues
- Officials: Navy fighter jet crashes off Key West, crew members rescued
- Arizona students walk out of class to push for gun control
- Ropes, phone lights used in rescue after deadly bus plunge