PHOENIX — Home flippers in the Valley are staying busy these days.
According to data from Realty Trac, there were a nation-leading 1,438 home flips in the Phoenix area during the second quarter of 2014, compared to 1,371 in Los Angeles.
More than 7 percent of all home sales here were flips.
“Especially as the market gets older, flippers are an important piece of (a healthy housing market),” said Realty Trac Vice President Daren Blomquist. “However, if you see flipping become too dominant in the market, that’s a sign of over speculation and potentially another housing bubble.”
But we’re not in any danger of another bubble right now. The only downside for investors is they’re not making as much profit on flips these days.
“The average return on investment in Phoenix is only 16 percent, down from 31 percent a year ago,” said Blomquist.
Slightly less than 1 percent of homes flipped in the second quarter cost at least $1 million, up from 0.82 percent a year ago. Blomquist said 44 percent of homes flipped cost between $100,000 and $200,000.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy