PHOENIX — Home flippers in the Valley are staying busy these days.
According to data from Realty Trac, there were a nation-leading 1,438 home flips in the Phoenix area during the second quarter of 2014, compared to 1,371 in Los Angeles.
More than 7 percent of all home sales here were flips.
“Especially as the market gets older, flippers are an important piece of (a healthy housing market),” said Realty Trac Vice President Daren Blomquist. “However, if you see flipping become too dominant in the market, that’s a sign of over speculation and potentially another housing bubble.”
But we’re not in any danger of another bubble right now. The only downside for investors is they’re not making as much profit on flips these days.
“The average return on investment in Phoenix is only 16 percent, down from 31 percent a year ago,” said Blomquist.
Slightly less than 1 percent of homes flipped in the second quarter cost at least $1 million, up from 0.82 percent a year ago. Blomquist said 44 percent of homes flipped cost between $100,000 and $200,000.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night