PHOENIX — Home flippers in the Valley are staying busy these days.
According to data from Realty Trac, there were a nation-leading 1,438 home flips in the Phoenix area during the second quarter of 2014, compared to 1,371 in Los Angeles.
More than 7 percent of all home sales here were flips.
“Especially as the market gets older, flippers are an important piece of (a healthy housing market),” said Realty Trac Vice President Daren Blomquist. “However, if you see flipping become too dominant in the market, that’s a sign of over speculation and potentially another housing bubble.”
But we’re not in any danger of another bubble right now. The only downside for investors is they’re not making as much profit on flips these days.
“The average return on investment in Phoenix is only 16 percent, down from 31 percent a year ago,” said Blomquist.
Slightly less than 1 percent of homes flipped in the second quarter cost at least $1 million, up from 0.82 percent a year ago. Blomquist said 44 percent of homes flipped cost between $100,000 and $200,000.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development