PHOENIX — A health group is hoping that sales of a children’s book will help families meet their child’s medical needs.
“Adventure Under the Stars” is the second book in a series called “Oliver and Hope.
“It’s the story of Oliver, who is a wonderful bear, and Hope, who is his butterfly friend. They join a couple of friends on their first camping trip,” said Kristen Hellmer, a spokeswoman for United Healthcare.
Eight United Healthcare employees helped to write the book, which is being sold right now on Amazon. The proceeds from the sales go to the United Healthcare Children’s Foundation, which provides grants to families needing help for their child’s treatments.
“Each family can receive up to $5,000 per child to pay for medical services, such as wheelchairs, speech therapy, counseling, hearing aids and whatever services or equipment their children may need that may not be covered by their commercial health insurance plan,” Hellmer explained.
Interested parents are encouraged to apply and must meet several requirements.
“You need to have a child 16 years of age or younger, live in the United States, meet a few economic guidelines and have a commercial health insurance plan,” she said.
Parents can apply for a grant at UHCCF.org
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night