PHOENIX — A health group is hoping that sales of a children’s book will help families meet their child’s medical needs.
“Adventure Under the Stars” is the second book in a series called “Oliver and Hope.
“It’s the story of Oliver, who is a wonderful bear, and Hope, who is his butterfly friend. They join a couple of friends on their first camping trip,” said Kristen Hellmer, a spokeswoman for United Healthcare.
Eight United Healthcare employees helped to write the book, which is being sold right now on Amazon. The proceeds from the sales go to the United Healthcare Children’s Foundation, which provides grants to families needing help for their child’s treatments.
“Each family can receive up to $5,000 per child to pay for medical services, such as wheelchairs, speech therapy, counseling, hearing aids and whatever services or equipment their children may need that may not be covered by their commercial health insurance plan,” Hellmer explained.
Interested parents are encouraged to apply and must meet several requirements.
“You need to have a child 16 years of age or younger, live in the United States, meet a few economic guidelines and have a commercial health insurance plan,” she said.
Parents can apply for a grant at UHCCF.org
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy