PHOENIX — A health group is hoping that sales of a children’s book will help families meet their child’s medical needs.
“Adventure Under the Stars” is the second book in a series called “Oliver and Hope.
“It’s the story of Oliver, who is a wonderful bear, and Hope, who is his butterfly friend. They join a couple of friends on their first camping trip,” said Kristen Hellmer, a spokeswoman for United Healthcare.
Eight United Healthcare employees helped to write the book, which is being sold right now on Amazon. The proceeds from the sales go to the United Healthcare Children’s Foundation, which provides grants to families needing help for their child’s treatments.
“Each family can receive up to $5,000 per child to pay for medical services, such as wheelchairs, speech therapy, counseling, hearing aids and whatever services or equipment their children may need that may not be covered by their commercial health insurance plan,” Hellmer explained.
Interested parents are encouraged to apply and must meet several requirements.
“You need to have a child 16 years of age or younger, live in the United States, meet a few economic guidelines and have a commercial health insurance plan,” she said.
Parents can apply for a grant at UHCCF.org
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development