PHOENIX — The clean-up continues after heavy storms hammered the Valley for the past few weeks.
Salt River Project crews have worked for the past week to get water flowing back into the Laveen area of southwest Phoenix. Storms significantly damaged one of the utility company’s laterals in last week.
“Laterals come off of the western canal — the smaller, cement-lined ditches that you see — and those are the ones that were significantly damaged by a lot of erosion,” SRP spokesman Jeff Lane said.
Even though water is flowing through the laterals again, it will take a few more weeks to complete the storm restoration construction.
Lane says Phoenix residents should expect to see SRP crews continuing the project in the area of Dobbins Road and Seventh Avenue to 55th Avenue until Aug. 29.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy