PHOENIX — The clean-up continues after heavy storms hammered the Valley for the past few weeks.
Salt River Project crews have worked for the past week to get water flowing back into the Laveen area of southwest Phoenix. Storms significantly damaged one of the utility company’s laterals in last week.
“Laterals come off of the western canal — the smaller, cement-lined ditches that you see — and those are the ones that were significantly damaged by a lot of erosion,” SRP spokesman Jeff Lane said.
Even though water is flowing through the laterals again, it will take a few more weeks to complete the storm restoration construction.
Lane says Phoenix residents should expect to see SRP crews continuing the project in the area of Dobbins Road and Seventh Avenue to 55th Avenue until Aug. 29.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier