PHOENIX — The clean-up continues after heavy storms hammered the Valley for the past few weeks.
Salt River Project crews have worked for the past week to get water flowing back into the Laveen area of southwest Phoenix. Storms significantly damaged one of the utility company’s laterals in last week.
“Laterals come off of the western canal — the smaller, cement-lined ditches that you see — and those are the ones that were significantly damaged by a lot of erosion,” SRP spokesman Jeff Lane said.
Even though water is flowing through the laterals again, it will take a few more weeks to complete the storm restoration construction.
Lane says Phoenix residents should expect to see SRP crews continuing the project in the area of Dobbins Road and Seventh Avenue to 55th Avenue until Aug. 29.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night