PHOENIX — School is in session for thousands of Arizona State University students starting Thursday, along with hundreds more online.
Back in June, ASU announced a partnership with Starbucks by offering an online undergraduate degree at a steep discount for any of the coffee chain’s employees who work at least 20 hours a week.
Starbucks will offer 40 ASU Online degree programs that its employees can then choose from. About 70 percent have said they want a business degree, so the W.P. Carey School of Business is ready for an influx.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to work with Starbucks to help their Partners complete their college degrees,” (said) Amy Hillman, dean of the W. P. Carey School of Business, in a press release. “Because so many of the Starbucks Partners want business degrees, we’re introducing online versions of our popular bachelor’s programs with concentrations in global logistics, global leadership and sustainability.”
A new online retail-management degree will also be offered.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas