PHOENIX — School is in session for thousands of Arizona State University students starting Thursday, along with hundreds more online.
Back in June, ASU announced a partnership with Starbucks by offering an online undergraduate degree at a steep discount for any of the coffee chain’s employees who work at least 20 hours a week.
Starbucks will offer 40 ASU Online degree programs that its employees can then choose from. About 70 percent have said they want a business degree, so the W.P. Carey School of Business is ready for an influx.
“We’re excited about the opportunity to work with Starbucks to help their Partners complete their college degrees,” (said) Amy Hillman, dean of the W. P. Carey School of Business, in a press release. “Because so many of the Starbucks Partners want business degrees, we’re introducing online versions of our popular bachelor’s programs with concentrations in global logistics, global leadership and sustainability.”
A new online retail-management degree will also be offered.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets