You’ll have to drop coins into downtown Phoenix parking meters later starting Monday.
“We changed (our meter hours) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day, including weekends and holidays,” said City of Phoenix spokesman Mathew Heil.
Heil says you’ll still pay $1.50 per hour, but that may soon change. Demand-based pricing of up to $4 an hour could start sometime in November, he said.
“That’s going to be based in large part on how we see this extension of hours goes,” said Heil. “The key point for us is that we want people to be parking at the meters, and using the meters. If we see a change in behavior, we’re going to try to adapt to that as well.”
Meanwhile, the city is working to upgrade 1,500 meters to accept credit cards. When the upgrades are completed, roughly 80 percent of the meters will be able to accept both credit cards and coins.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food