PHOENIX — People traveling along the freeways in the West Valley might see shorter drive times thanks to two new ramps that opened up on Sunday.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said it opened up ramps connecting Interstate 10 and the Loop 303 in Goodyear for the first time in the morning.
ADOT said one ramp connects southbound Loop 303 to eastbound I-10, while the other allows eastbound I-10 travelers an easier transition onto northbound Loop 303.
Two remaining ramps at the interchange are expected to open in September, ADOT said.
Construction on the $145 million project began in November 2011.
Gov. Jan Brewer was among the attendees of a dedication ceremony Saturday at the interchange. ADOT and the city of Goodyear also allowed local residents to view the job site Saturday morning.
The Loop 303 improvement projects are funded through the Maricopa Association of Governments’ 20-year Regional Transportation Plan approved by county voters in 2004, ADOT said.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck