PHOENIX — People traveling along the freeways in the West Valley might see shorter drive times thanks to two new ramps that opened up on Sunday.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said it opened up ramps connecting Interstate 10 and the Loop 303 in Goodyear for the first time in the morning.
ADOT said one ramp connects southbound Loop 303 to eastbound I-10, while the other allows eastbound I-10 travelers an easier transition onto northbound Loop 303.
Two remaining ramps at the interchange are expected to open in September, ADOT said.
Construction on the $145 million project began in November 2011.
Gov. Jan Brewer was among the attendees of a dedication ceremony Saturday at the interchange. ADOT and the city of Goodyear also allowed local residents to view the job site Saturday morning.
The Loop 303 improvement projects are funded through the Maricopa Association of Governments’ 20-year Regional Transportation Plan approved by county voters in 2004, ADOT said.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night