PHOENIX — People traveling along the freeways in the West Valley might see shorter drive times thanks to two new ramps that opened up on Sunday.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said it opened up ramps connecting Interstate 10 and the Loop 303 in Goodyear for the first time in the morning.
ADOT said one ramp connects southbound Loop 303 to eastbound I-10, while the other allows eastbound I-10 travelers an easier transition onto northbound Loop 303.
Two remaining ramps at the interchange are expected to open in September, ADOT said.
Construction on the $145 million project began in November 2011.
Gov. Jan Brewer was among the attendees of a dedication ceremony Saturday at the interchange. ADOT and the city of Goodyear also allowed local residents to view the job site Saturday morning.
The Loop 303 improvement projects are funded through the Maricopa Association of Governments’ 20-year Regional Transportation Plan approved by county voters in 2004, ADOT said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon