PHOENIX — A teenage boy is dead after being found unresponsive in a north Phoenix residential pool.
The Phoenix Fire Department said crews responded to a call about a boy who was drowning just after 9:30 p.m. The caller told the Phoenix FD that the 15-year-old boy was found in a pool for an unknown amount of time and was unresponsive after being pulled out.
Fire and police units arrived at 2841 E. Pontiac Dr. a short time later and began treating the boy, identified as Trevon Brown.
According to firefighters, Brown was playing in the water with friends when
he started shaking and convulsing.
Crews used advanced life support when transporting him to a hospital, but he died a short time later, Phoenix police said.
Police are investigating the incident, and detectives do not suspect foul play at this time.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night