PHOENIX — A teenage boy is dead after being found unresponsive in a north Phoenix residential pool.
The Phoenix Fire Department said crews responded to a call about a boy who was drowning just after 9:30 p.m. The caller told the Phoenix FD that the 15-year-old boy was found in a pool for an unknown amount of time and was unresponsive after being pulled out.
Fire and police units arrived at 2841 E. Pontiac Dr. a short time later and began treating the boy, identified as Trevon Brown.
According to firefighters, Brown was playing in the water with friends when
he started shaking and convulsing.
Crews used advanced life support when transporting him to a hospital, but he died a short time later, Phoenix police said.
Police are investigating the incident, and detectives do not suspect foul play at this time.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.