PHOENIX — Nearly 20 people were injured Friday in a West Valley accident, a fire official said.
Five vehicles were involved in the crash near Valley Vista High School at Greenway Road and Parkview Place. Countryside Elementary School is nearby.
“It appears to have originated from a rear-end collision,” said Surprise Fire Department Battalion Chief Autry Cheatham. “It produced 18 total patients.”
Cheatham said five victims were taken to local hospitals, two of which were children. Surprise Fire Department officials say a 6-year-old boy with head trauma and a
2-year-old girl with facial trauma were taken by ambulance to Phoenix Childrens
Hospital. None of the injuries appear to be life-threatening.
Traffic is expected to be affected in the area.
KTAR’s Lauren Grifo and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Affordable small home makeovers for Mother's Day
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life