PHOENIX — Cactus League Spring Training is just around the corner and crews in Peoria have been getting the spring home of the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners ready for the action.
Fans coming out to Cactus League games will see a lot of improvements to the Peoria Sports Complex, according to stadium Spokesman Chris Calcaterra, including the addition of 700 seats near third base.
“Underneath is a new interior air-conditioned space for groups called the Colonnade,” he said. “That will have a complete bar and can be used even during the off season.”
Calcaterra said the Colonnade will be used for several types of events.
“Year round, it will be used for all sorts of events from weddings to retirement parties, to anything they can think of,” Calcaterra said.
There will be plenty of bargain tickets for the games this Spring Training season, Calcaterra said, including a family four-pack and a “Soldier’s Salute,” which gives a $2 discount to visitors with a valid military I.D.
Better purchase tickets soon: the first spring game is the annual Peoria Diamond Club charity game between the Padres and the Mariners on March 2.
- Trump’s NAFTA termination comment falls flat with Arizona business leaders
- Report: Trump met with Flake’s prospective primary opponents at Phoenix rally
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix tech firm buys manufacturing company
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain