PHOENIX — Cactus League Spring Training is just around the corner and crews in Peoria have been getting the spring home of the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners ready for the action.
Fans coming out to Cactus League games will see a lot of improvements to the Peoria Sports Complex, according to stadium Spokesman Chris Calcaterra, including the addition of 700 seats near third base.
“Underneath is a new interior air-conditioned space for groups called the Colonnade,” he said. “That will have a complete bar and can be used even during the off season.”
Calcaterra said the Colonnade will be used for several types of events.
“Year round, it will be used for all sorts of events from weddings to retirement parties, to anything they can think of,” Calcaterra said.
There will be plenty of bargain tickets for the games this Spring Training season, Calcaterra said, including a family four-pack and a “Soldier’s Salute,” which gives a $2 discount to visitors with a valid military I.D.
Better purchase tickets soon: the first spring game is the annual Peoria Diamond Club charity game between the Padres and the Mariners on March 2.
- Plan will keep most of Arizona desert national monument open to shooters
- Phoenix-area luxury hotel recognized as one of best in southwest, nation
- Arizona shares a favorite fast food joint with many other states
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions