PHOENIX — Cactus League Spring Training is just around the corner and crews in Peoria have been getting the spring home of the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners ready for the action.
Fans coming out to Cactus League games will see a lot of improvements to the Peoria Sports Complex, according to stadium Spokesman Chris Calcaterra, including the addition of 700 seats near third base.
“Underneath is a new interior air-conditioned space for groups called the Colonnade,” he said. “That will have a complete bar and can be used even during the off season.”
Calcaterra said the Colonnade will be used for several types of events.
“Year round, it will be used for all sorts of events from weddings to retirement parties, to anything they can think of,” Calcaterra said.
There will be plenty of bargain tickets for the games this Spring Training season, Calcaterra said, including a family four-pack and a “Soldier’s Salute,” which gives a $2 discount to visitors with a valid military I.D.
Better purchase tickets soon: the first spring game is the annual Peoria Diamond Club charity game between the Padres and the Mariners on March 2.
- Arizona ballot initiative proponents unfazed by ‘millionaire’s tax’ ruling
- Hearing on solar, wind energy project in Arizona, New Mexico wraps up
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Saturn to return to Arizona skies in June
- Arizona man sentenced to 20 months in prison for Wisconsin cyberattack