PHOENIX — A fundraiser is being held on Friday to assist the families who lost loved ones on Camelback Mountain in a rappelling accident last week.
“For a donation to benefit both families, come in, have lunch, fellowship, meet some great people and let’s celebrate Gary,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Russ Kirk.
Phoenix firefighter Gary Johnstone died from injuries sustained in the accident. Trevor Crouse, the 15-year-old son of one of Johnstone’s friends, also succumbed to injuries.
The United Phoenix Firefighters Association and the 100 Club organized the benefit lunch, which is being held at the Irish Cultural Center at 1106 N. Central Ave. in Phoenix. Burgers and hot dogs will be served from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development