PHOENIX — A fundraiser is being held on Friday to assist the families who lost loved ones on Camelback Mountain in a rappelling accident last week.
“For a donation to benefit both families, come in, have lunch, fellowship, meet some great people and let’s celebrate Gary,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Russ Kirk.
Phoenix firefighter Gary Johnstone died from injuries sustained in the accident. Trevor Crouse, the 15-year-old son of one of Johnstone’s friends, also succumbed to injuries.
The United Phoenix Firefighters Association and the 100 Club organized the benefit lunch, which is being held at the Irish Cultural Center at 1106 N. Central Ave. in Phoenix. Burgers and hot dogs will be served from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick