PHOENIX — A fundraiser is being held on Friday to assist the families who lost loved ones on Camelback Mountain in a rappelling accident last week.
“For a donation to benefit both families, come in, have lunch, fellowship, meet some great people and let’s celebrate Gary,” said Phoenix Fire Capt. Russ Kirk.
Phoenix firefighter Gary Johnstone died from injuries sustained in the accident. Trevor Crouse, the 15-year-old son of one of Johnstone’s friends, also succumbed to injuries.
The United Phoenix Firefighters Association and the 100 Club organized the benefit lunch, which is being held at the Irish Cultural Center at 1106 N. Central Ave. in Phoenix. Burgers and hot dogs will be served from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas