PHOENIX — When attending a concert, especially in a large arena, most of us would just be happy with a shout-out from our favorite rock star.
But for one Phoenix couple, the Paul McCartney concert at US Airways Arena Tuesday was a night to remember.
Adam Kowal and Andrea Copado have a wedding planned for Oct. 11. Copado read on the Internet that McCartney was ordained, and with their seats in the sixth row, they decided to make a sign that read, “You’re ordained, we’re engaged, please marry us tonight!”
“We put together that poster and just hoped that he would acknowledge us and see our sign. We would have been happy,” Kowal told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Thursday. “We were amazed when an usher came by and invited us to come backstage and meet him.”
In between his encores, McCartney stopped the concert and brought the couple on stage.
As it turned out, McCartney is not actually ordained, but that didn’t stop him from having them recite their vows in front of 10,000 people, followed by a big kiss.
And as for that October wedding?
“We’re going to send him an invitation and save him a spot and hope he comes,” Kowal said.
Click on the video below to watch Adam and Aundrea’s be night.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona