PHOENIX — When attending a concert, especially in a large arena, most of us would just be happy with a shout-out from our favorite rock star.
But for one Phoenix couple, the Paul McCartney concert at US Airways Arena Tuesday was a night to remember.
Adam Kowal and Andrea Copado have a wedding planned for Oct. 11. Copado read on the Internet that McCartney was ordained, and with their seats in the sixth row, they decided to make a sign that read, “You’re ordained, we’re engaged, please marry us tonight!”
“We put together that poster and just hoped that he would acknowledge us and see our sign. We would have been happy,” Kowal told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Thursday. “We were amazed when an usher came by and invited us to come backstage and meet him.”
In between his encores, McCartney stopped the concert and brought the couple on stage.
As it turned out, McCartney is not actually ordained, but that didn’t stop him from having them recite their vows in front of 10,000 people, followed by a big kiss.
And as for that October wedding?
“We’re going to send him an invitation and save him a spot and hope he comes,” Kowal said.
Click on the video below to watch Adam and Aundrea’s be night.
- One year in, Paul Penzone continues to address ‘culture of hate’ claims
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest stories from past weekend in Arizona, nation
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award
- Mac Watson of ‘Mac and Gaydos’ shares story of adopting children
- Arizona lawmaker wants new policies for addressing inappropriate behavior