PHOENIX — When attending a concert, especially in a large arena, most of us would just be happy with a shout-out from our favorite rock star.
But for one Phoenix couple, the Paul McCartney concert at US Airways Arena Tuesday was a night to remember.
Adam Kowal and Andrea Copado have a wedding planned for Oct. 11. Copado read on the Internet that McCartney was ordained, and with their seats in the sixth row, they decided to make a sign that read, “You’re ordained, we’re engaged, please marry us tonight!”
“We put together that poster and just hoped that he would acknowledge us and see our sign. We would have been happy,” Kowal told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Thursday. “We were amazed when an usher came by and invited us to come backstage and meet him.”
In between his encores, McCartney stopped the concert and brought the couple on stage.
As it turned out, McCartney is not actually ordained, but that didn’t stop him from having them recite their vows in front of 10,000 people, followed by a big kiss.
And as for that October wedding?
“We’re going to send him an invitation and save him a spot and hope he comes,” Kowal said.
Click on the video below to watch Adam and Aundrea’s be night.
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona
- Relive 2015 through the high and low moments of Mac & Gaydos
- Mac & Gaydos’ Caring for Kids nets thousands of donations for Child Crisis Arizona
- Former Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon considers run against Sheriff Arpaio