PHOENIX — When attending a concert, especially in a large arena, most of us would just be happy with a shout-out from our favorite rock star.
But for one Phoenix couple, the Paul McCartney concert at US Airways Arena Tuesday was a night to remember.
Adam Kowal and Andrea Copado have a wedding planned for Oct. 11. Copado read on the Internet that McCartney was ordained, and with their seats in the sixth row, they decided to make a sign that read, “You’re ordained, we’re engaged, please marry us tonight!”
“We put together that poster and just hoped that he would acknowledge us and see our sign. We would have been happy,” Kowal told News/Talk 92.3 KTAR’s Mac & Gaydos Thursday. “We were amazed when an usher came by and invited us to come backstage and meet him.”
In between his encores, McCartney stopped the concert and brought the couple on stage.
As it turned out, McCartney is not actually ordained, but that didn’t stop him from having them recite their vows in front of 10,000 people, followed by a big kiss.
And as for that October wedding?
“We’re going to send him an invitation and save him a spot and hope he comes,” Kowal said.
Click on the video below to watch Adam and Aundrea’s be night.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- ‘Supernatural’ TV show convention comes to Arizona
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident