PHOENIX — Former Olympic swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen was released from a Denver-area rehabilitation hospital Thursday after a two-month stay.
— Amy Van Dyken-Rouen (@amyvandyken) August 14, 2014
Van Dyken-Rouen, who was paralyzed from the waist down after an all-terrain vehicle accident near Show Low, Ariz., on June 6. She underwent surgery at Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center before transferring to Craig Hospital, which specializes in spinal-cord injury and brain trauma.
The six-time gold-medal winner has been busy with therapy, which has included swimming and weight training, and a recreational sailing trip, and keeping her social-media accounts updated.
She’s been funny and upbeat and sometimes irreverent.
Van Dyken-Rouen, who grew up in Colorado, planned to stay there for the next few weeks before returning to Arizona.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains