PHOENIX — A stretch of an eastern Arizona highway will be shut down for four hours on Thursday, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Eight miles of the U.S. 60 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for blasting and the removal of debris on the highway. The highway will be shut down from Superior to Miami during that time period.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said the closure is for blasting work for construction of a passing lane and widening of roadway shoulders.
The department said an alternate route would consist of taking State Routes 77 and 17 through Winkelman. Another would be taking State Routes 87 and State Route 260 thorough Payson.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Tempe child has tooth pulled by accident using toy car
- Ex-postal worker admits stealing packages that had marijuana
- Valley coach suspended by USA Gymnastics for sexual misconduct
- Study: Arizonans among least tolerant of neighbor’s political yard signs
- Arizona man pleads guilty to killing Utah youth rehab worker