PHOENIX — A stretch of an eastern Arizona highway will be shut down for four hours on Thursday, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Eight miles of the U.S. 60 will be closed from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for blasting and the removal of debris on the highway. The highway will be shut down from Superior to Miami during that time period.
Arizona Department of Transportation officials said the closure is for blasting work for construction of a passing lane and widening of roadway shoulders.
The department said an alternate route would consist of taking State Routes 77 and 17 through Winkelman. Another would be taking State Routes 87 and State Route 260 thorough Payson.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions
- Camping sold out for Phoenix NASCAR race in November
- Phoenix among US cities that have changed the most in past decade
- Federal officials are working to target sexual harassment in Arizona Tribes