PHOENIX — Hundreds of thousands of consumers are at risk of losing their health plans purchased through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace.
Approximately 310,000 consumers have failed to submit required documentation, and the final reminder letters were mailed Thursday. Roughly 6,600 letters were addressed to consumers in Arizona.
“We want consumers to submit the requested paperwork (and) clear this problem up to ensure they get to keep their coverage,” said Pati Urias, spokeswoman for Get America Covered.
According to information provided by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, there is a massive data-match problem related to citizenship and immigration information entered into the Marketplace system.
“There’s a discrepancy of what the federal government has on file and what has been entered into the system,” said Urias.
Consumers have until Sept. 5 to respond or they will lose coverage by Sept. 30.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon