PHOENIX — The Phoenix housing market is not only on the upswing, but it has almost returned to normal, according to one real estate expert.
“Things are pretty much looking good across the board, [in] both the Phoenix metro-area, as well as statewide,” said RealtyTrac’s Daren Blomquist.
In the July report, overall foreclosure activity across the state was down 36 percent compared to last year, with just over 2,000 properties with foreclosure filings.
For Arizona, July marked the 32nd consecutive month in a decrease of foreclosure filings, Blomquist said.
For foreclosures to be considered in the “normal” range — meaning before the housing bubble burst — less than 1 percent of all housing loans that are created will go into foreclosure. That means between 2,100 and 2,200 properties a month statewide.
Last month, there were 2,000 foreclosure filings across the state. In June, there were only 1,800.
Blomquist said with Arizona returning to normal, eventually the numbers will flatten out.
“We’re still seeing 30 percent decreases from a year ago in Phoenix foreclosure activity,” he explained. “I think, at some point, probably in the next six months, you’ll see that slow down to basically flatlining numbers…and that will engender a more stable market in Phoenix, even more than it is now.”
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck