PHOENIX — The Phoenix housing market is not only on the upswing, but it has almost returned to normal, according to one real estate expert.
“Things are pretty much looking good across the board, [in] both the Phoenix metro-area, as well as statewide,” said RealtyTrac’s Daren Blomquist.
In the July report, overall foreclosure activity across the state was down 36 percent compared to last year, with just over 2,000 properties with foreclosure filings.
For Arizona, July marked the 32nd consecutive month in a decrease of foreclosure filings, Blomquist said.
For foreclosures to be considered in the “normal” range — meaning before the housing bubble burst — less than 1 percent of all housing loans that are created will go into foreclosure. That means between 2,100 and 2,200 properties a month statewide.
Last month, there were 2,000 foreclosure filings across the state. In June, there were only 1,800.
Blomquist said with Arizona returning to normal, eventually the numbers will flatten out.
“We’re still seeing 30 percent decreases from a year ago in Phoenix foreclosure activity,” he explained. “I think, at some point, probably in the next six months, you’ll see that slow down to basically flatlining numbers…and that will engender a more stable market in Phoenix, even more than it is now.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon