PHOENIX — The city of Maricopa is growing up fast and city leaders want to lure bigger business.
To do that, Mayor Christian Price said they’ve struck a deal with Albright College, a private liberal arts institution. Beginning this fall, Albright plans to offer accelerated degree completion courses for adults who already have a minimum of 48 college credits.
“One of the things that people don’t know is that Maricopa is a very highly educated city,” said Price. “So, one of those things that we’re trying to continue on is that we offer those classes here locally.”
The idea, he said, is to encourage residents to complete degrees, seek further education and ultimately encourage the younger students to think locally when it’s time to go to college.
“Our vision,” Price continued, “is to grow up elementary schools into post-secondary (schools), to keep them here and working for a variety of different reasons.”
In return, Price hopes big business will ultimately see the benefits of growing along with a home base in the city of Maricopa.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets