PHOENIX — The city of Maricopa is growing up fast and city leaders want to lure bigger business.
To do that, Mayor Christian Price said they’ve struck a deal with Albright College, a private liberal arts institution. Beginning this fall, Albright plans to offer accelerated degree completion courses for adults who already have a minimum of 48 college credits.
“One of the things that people don’t know is that Maricopa is a very highly educated city,” said Price. “So, one of those things that we’re trying to continue on is that we offer those classes here locally.”
The idea, he said, is to encourage residents to complete degrees, seek further education and ultimately encourage the younger students to think locally when it’s time to go to college.
“Our vision,” Price continued, “is to grow up elementary schools into post-secondary (schools), to keep them here and working for a variety of different reasons.”
In return, Price hopes big business will ultimately see the benefits of growing along with a home base in the city of Maricopa.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development