PHOENIX — The city of Maricopa is growing up fast and city leaders want to lure bigger business.
To do that, Mayor Christian Price said they’ve struck a deal with Albright College, a private liberal arts institution. Beginning this fall, Albright plans to offer accelerated degree completion courses for adults who already have a minimum of 48 college credits.
“One of the things that people don’t know is that Maricopa is a very highly educated city,” said Price. “So, one of those things that we’re trying to continue on is that we offer those classes here locally.”
The idea, he said, is to encourage residents to complete degrees, seek further education and ultimately encourage the younger students to think locally when it’s time to go to college.
“Our vision,” Price continued, “is to grow up elementary schools into post-secondary (schools), to keep them here and working for a variety of different reasons.”
In return, Price hopes big business will ultimately see the benefits of growing along with a home base in the city of Maricopa.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments