KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Two restaurants have officially broken ground in Chandler. La Bocca Urban Kitchen and Wine Bar and Modern Margarita have both broken ground near Boston Street and Arizona Avenue in Chandler, just ahead of a projected late spring opening. The new locations mark the third in the Valley for La Bocca and the second for Modern Margarita.
• Joe’s Midnight Run, a new restaurant that is coming to central Phoenix in March, is currently hiring for all positions. The restaurant-lounge combination is hiring for cooks, servers, bartenders and bussers. Those interested should contact General Manager Ryan Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or attend an on-site hiring event through Feb. 17, from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Phoenix-based waste management company Republic Services announced it will open a new shared services center in Fishers, Indiana. The center is expected to create 469 new jobs by 2025. It will cost $13.6 million to lease, renovate and equip the 68,000-square-foot location.
- Luck of the Irish: This Arizona city is best to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Zedtown zombie apocalypse challenge coming to Chandler in April
- Zebra escapes Chandler Ostrich Festival grounds, hit by car and killed
- Website rates Gilbert as hardest-working city in Arizona
- Women in the tech industry can find comfort in this Phoenix-area city